Lori Ryan

Rachel Thompson

Aicha Zoubair

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Jack Templar, Monster Hunter (The Templar Chronicles, #1)

Jack Templar, Monster Hunter (The Templar Chronicles, #1)Jack Templar, Monster Hunter by Jeff Gunhus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What were the main themes of the book? I would like to say monster hunting ... after all that's what the book was about, but there's more to it. Jack grows up and I think this was the most important part of the book. The story focused on learning about family and dealing with the past. Although not all issues are dealt with in this book and I expect there will be a continuation in the second book.

Which did you find more appealing, the introduction or the conclusion? The conclusion was a slight turn off for me. A lot of us were expecting a huge, "aha" moment through the book. We got to the end and nothing came. So either our perceptions were off or the author was building up emotions for the second book. In other words, I preferred the introduction.

Why would you recommend or not recommend this book? I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't mind a series and who enjoys fantasy adventure books.


Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Dí lo que piensas...